Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 04:03 PM   #11427 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

1. What's your current eargasm?

Currently revisiting a discographic chronology of GoGo Penguin.

2. Are you creative? And in what types of ways?

I was a songwriter, lead guitarist, and vocalist in college. Then I was a graphic designer for 18 years. My latest creative effort was penning a 1,715pp survey of articles I've written over the past 12 years spanning 20th century analog classicism to contemporary digital modernity.

3. What is your most memorable moment from your time on MB?

I've received some delightful praise over the years for my efforts in this community. A few favorite remarks are in my comment signature.

4. Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

I have not. I'm an atheist and rational skeptic.

5. Are you drinking enough water?

I drink twelve glasses of water a day on average.

6. Do you collect? If so, what?

Ravenously. Here are a few of my largest digital collections.

A few years ago I built a server called "RetroBox" with complete broadcast archives of all 227 children's TV shows that aired between 1965 and 2005. I plan to intersperse the episodes with vintage commercials. It was a child of the 80s passion project.

I also have several thousand rare LPs, a complete filmographic library of everything Jim Henson ever produced, along with an array of vintage Muppet collectibles and other collections on display around my home.

My decor is also a collection of sorts. My home is fully-furnished in a marriage of Victorian classicism and 20th century minimalism. The two may seem incongruous and diametrically opposed, but I've managed to find harmony between them. And despite my passion for collecting, I maintain a very tidy and sparsely-furnished living space. I don't let my collections own me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote