Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 01:05 PM   #2661 (permalink)
GD
???pp? ??snW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Good list, GD, but I'd probably try to fit in the Beatles' Rubber Soul (replacing All Things Must Pass since George is an ex-Beatle) and REM's Murmur in there somewhere. Also, Sounds of Silence is probably more definitive of folk rock than Bridge Over Troubled Water, imo.

But yeah, it's a good list. Realistically I only really need to listen to two of these in its entirety and parts of three others. It shouldn't take longer than a couple days for me to rank this group realistically.

This should be fun
Not my list, but good suggestions, thanks. I'm open to your changes re: Beatles and S&G but which album would you say could be taken off to make room for R.E.M.?
As far as Rubber Soul is concerned I'd guess it wasn't included because the Beatles are already represented on 2 other lists (Abbey Road for Pop Rock and Sgt. Pepper' for Psychedelic rock) so it was possibly deliberately left out to avoid the same bands cropping up too many times. The one that bothers me is the fact that Revolver shows up nowhere in any of the lists. Something tells me we need more wild card rounds to do great albums that didn't fit in anywhere else