Music Banter - View Single Post - Andrew Tate - Trigger Warning - DV and SA
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 09:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett O'Hara View Post
I would like to know whether men on MB feel disenfranchised and feel they need help from a creator to build their confidence, self esteem and the inflow of ideas from said creator?
No, but I'm almost 40. And I think I probably did at some point. I got lucky though, I had a lot of good role models and mentors in life. Right place, right time I guess. My parents weren't well-connected or invested in my advancement.

As a younger person I felt like everyone knew the rules and how things worked, and I just wasn't let in on the secret. Mentors, people to talk to, having a group of friends and hobbies helps a great deal. I don't know if the library is going to reach the people we're talking about here. These folks generally aren't readers and they're pretty angry. They need direction more than anything.

Years ago I read about an Elephant Refuge in Northwestern Africa that had saved mother elephants and their children from poachers/zoos/etc. But when the young males hit puberty, they were a problem. Harassing females, destroying signs at the sanctuary. In the end, the people running the place introduced a pack of mature male elephants and it established order and stability overall. When you're a 16-24 year old male, you kind just want to **** and burn things. You need someone around to you trust to say "you're going to give yourself a lot of problems if you do that."