Music Banter - View Single Post - Andrew Tate - Trigger Warning - DV and SA
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 05:31 AM   #55 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett O'Hara View Post
I would like to know whether men on MB feel disenfranchised and feel they need help from a creator to build their confidence, self esteem and the inflow of ideas from said creator? Or do you look up self help books or information? You're under no obligation to answer this, perhaps you could private message me and we can chat together about it. I'm 35 years old, so have some experience going through exactly what I asked above.

This is interesting for me because I am a librarian and we can reach out to young people using this for context so I can help youth 11+ to learn more about themselves, maybe help them create a budget and careers advisory. It will be helpful for me to set up events/workshops to help boys and men.

I don't feel disenfranchised personally

But there are men that I know that probably grew up expecting to be the Lord and leader of his family, especially since they knew they likely wouldn't be in the workplace. My cousin was something of a sexual animal in his day; it never seemed to dawn on him that sleeping with women he didn't even know was somehow wrong (he was engaged to be married at the time). Anyway, I grew up in the seventies and the expectation was that things would still be like Leave It To Beaver even as the changes like Women's lib were all around us.

So, men, older men especially, may feel emasculated simply because of the expectation that it was supposed to be their way or the highway, at least on the homefront.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote