Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 02:21 PM   #77536 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

I'm from Amsterdam! You're right, the housing situation is horrible. If you're gonna be a student there, become a member of a student housing association like DUWO asap. The waiting lists are endless though; even many early members only find a decent house through those organisations once they've almost finised. It's only useful in the long term.
Your best bet is always through people you know; I rented a room from a friend of my mom. That wasn't officially to let though, it was an informal thing. I know some people who do it officially so I can ask if you want; from what I know those rooms are good but expensive.
Some people choose the container housing blocks as a first way in. I would be careful picking an acceptable one if you opt for that, though.
Also, Diemen is cheaper and some parts of it are quite nice. I have a friend who swears by living there, but again I would pick carefully and try to find a place in Amsterdam first if you can.
Actually I think my uncle is also considering renting out one of his rooms, that would be a nice option. I can ask if you want.
So TLDR: your first place probably will be a bit ****, but as you live there and get to know people you'll find better options. If you want any more help or want an opinion on places you find, just send me a message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote