Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 07:33 PM   #18053 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

These metallica opinions are more "uninformed" than unpopular, but here's some thing I can't let stand:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I mean I understand why Metallica in general play better on the radio cause the radio is a better medium for generic music but Megadeth is just straight up the better band and the only albums that compete are Metallica's first two.
Explain this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0w5QgHdEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
If they condensed Load/Reload to one album, it would've been pretty tight.
I guess I don't understand the argument "we should have less music." I can only guess it's because people think "album" is a measurement of music that has some relevance. It's a dumb concept and it should die. That said the longer tracks on Load like Bleeding Me and Outlaw Torn - I want an album full of that. I've always said Re/Load was Metallica trying to write like Ac/Dc. But Outlaw/Bleeding/Hero of the Day/Fixxxer are like Metallica trying to do Crazy Horse-era Neil Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Most of the non-singles are just half-baked watered-down AFJA that are tedious to listen to and make actually finishing the album an absolute chore, most of the singles I'm fine never hearing ever again, "Nothing Else Matters" always sucked, "Sad But True" is a less good self-plagiarized version of "Harvester of Sorrow", and 9/11 ruined "Don't Tread on Me". The only songs I'll still bump are "Where Ever I May Roam", "The Unforgiven", and "Of Wolf and Man".
No. I agree with BooBoo, Black is better than AJFA. No one wants more wank. Sad But True is what heavy rock should be.