Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 09:41 AM   #18076 (permalink)
Mucha na Dziko
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD View Post
Good on them, but I admit it hasn't moved me towards canceling my Spotify sub. That's largely due to laziness on my part, tho
I think I've never watched a Joe Rogan episode in my life. I do know some clips of him interviewing people though. It never seamed particularly interesting to me, so I didn't dig into it.

But from what I understand the guy interviews people from all sides of political, religious, etc circles, and just lets them speak.

It would be fine as long as he would provide commentary on their ideas. You might want to "include all", but it's just as important to be able to distinguish the wheat from the chaff, or the good from the bad.
Just "letting people speak" seems like being "good", but it can lead to all sorts of dangers.
Even more so if you become popular.

Are we supposed to allow both nazis and liberals to speak their truth on equal terms?

Or anti-vaxers and medical doctors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD View Post
btw nobody tell them Rogan has an official clips channel on YT because at this rate all their stuff will be wiped from the internet before long
That wasn't really the point was it though?

Besides, I think that even if all of Neil Young's music would be gone from any internet media, his music would still last and resonate with people in a hundred years (a wild guess, I know), while things like "Joe Rogan Experience" (really it should be called "Joe Rogan's Experiences") will vanish into the abyss in 5 years or so.

Also, YouTube and Spotify aren't really the same thing.
And Spotify, as far as I'm concerned, shouldn't be a platform for vlogs, blogs, interviews, etc, outside of the music "thing". It's a streaming service for music ffs

I didn't cancel the sub, btw
Mucha na Dziko is offline   Reply With Quote