Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 02:50 AM   #490 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Neverending White Lights - act II
It start with strong, assertive drums! But then the strings etc. come in and add a little too much bombast. I'm still receptive to the song though, but it loses me a few seconds later when the vocals come in. I'm not listening to the lyrics but the singing here is a deal breaker for me. The heavier guitars that come in at the end of the song don't help. The next song starts out all right but the nice guitar gets drowned in other sounds and then disappears in favour of the dreaded singing. I hope it comes back (it does not). I find the singing slightly more palatable on this track, to be fair. It sounds more processed but less strained and mannered. Untill the bells come in at the end I can almost enjoy this track. The next song is more inoffensive but dull. I dislike the reverb and sonic sparkles of the song after that.
omg a Hole cover! Why do the vocals sound so muffled and sleepy? This is completely stripped of Courtney Love's gut punch. Also what's up with the tin drum machine beat? The next song has more of the vocals I dislike (the vocal answer chorus is even worse) and uneventful music. Then there's a danceable song! I'm not very into the beat, but it's a nice change. The singing is not danceable though (not that it's meant to be) and the chorus irks me. The next song can be classified among those unfortunately inspired by the Moonlight Sonata (sorry Beethoven, it's not the Moonlight Sonata's fault). I'm not impartial here because I tend to hate duets but I especially dislike the singing here. I don't really have anything new to say about the next song. The song after that starts out with a fresher sound again, which is a relief. As before, the relief is broken by the vocals. Then we get a slower and heavier song again, which brings out the aspects of the music that I dislike more strongly. The next song is also slow but fainter (as is the singing) so it goes easier on my nerves. When she goes 'you never know your place now' there's something in her voice that I enjoy. The vocals of the last song combine two voices in a way that just clashes? but not in a nice way.
all in all a 3/10 from me sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote