Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 03:08 PM   #164 (permalink)
Key

My Journey With Runescape: My Favorite Skill at the current moment

When it comes to choosing which skill I tend to consider my favorite, there are a few factors that come into play. How much fun is it? Is it rewarding? What is the experience? This, amongst other things play a role in choosing my favorite skill in Runescape. And while there are some that take a close 2nd, actually there are several, the one that always sticks out to me is mining.

Is mining a fun skill? Well, for me it's not to do so much with how fun it is to train, but from the amount of time you can spend afk and still train the skill, it can certainly be relaxing. I find that when I'm training mining, i'm usually either taking a break from something else that I'm working on, or I just feel like adding more to my collection of ores in my bank. I'm currently level 103 in mining and I am currently working passively to get this to level 120, so that I can get my one and probably only level 120 cape, also known as a master cape. As is probably obvious, this cape is an upgraded version of the previously achieved skill cape that you are rewarded when you reach level 99 in any particular skill, in this case being mining. Getting a master cape and I suppose any cape for that matter is completely up to choice. However, it certainly would make sense to aim for a master cape if you're planning to train the skill even after you've achieved 99. And in this case, with my level being at 103, I'm certainly going to keep going until I reach that 120 level.

I mentioned this in my previous post but another big factor into why mining is my favorite skill is the addition of the ore box which allows for a lot more efficiency as well as a decrease of time loss between experience gains.

Of course, one of the not so main reasons why it's fun to train mining is for the little chit chats here and there with other people who are also training mining whether it be for the mining pet, getting mining to 99, adding to your ore collection, etc etc. Also, I was lucky enough to get a mining pet during my level 99 grind.

And obviously, if you ask me in a few months, my favorite skill will probably change. But, most likely I'll always have mining as a skill that I know will satisfy that need to grind experience in something.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote