Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 05:33 AM   #11487 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
I'm still beating myself up about BB King. I had the chance to see him and just decided it would be too much of a hassle. If you have the chance, seize the day.
If it was during his last few years of playing live, as much as it pains me to say it, you didn't miss anything. I was fortunate to see him when he could still stand and play an entire show without sitting down and he was incredible. I saw him again around 20 years ago when he could no longer stand and had to remain seated to play his shows and he was still great but you could tell he was slowing down and some of the energy just wasn't there anymore. I thought about going to see him one more time a few years before he died but every person I spoke to, without exception, who'd seen him at that time, told me that his performances had become heartbreaking to watch and he just didn't have it anymore at that point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_collector View Post
I drove to Kennebunkport Maine with my wife and inlaws. It's a beautiful town. It's ironic to see the Bush family cottage with a windmill.

Roughly ten years ago, I spent a couple of weeks on the road with a friend. We toured three maritime provinces (New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, followed by Nova Scotia). We took a ferry to Bar Harbor Maine. We spent the rest of our trip in Boston. My friend was nice enough to get us a few free hotel stays with his loyalty points.
I usually drive through Kennebunk a couple of times a week in my travels up and down the New England coast during the summer through the fall.
One of my favorite places to visit there is The Kennebunkport Brewing Company. They make some great beer and you can get some fresh from their brewpub which is located next to their brewery on the Kennebunkport waterfront.

Did you spend any time at Acadia National Park while you were in Bar Harbor?

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote