Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rest in Peace Thread (RIP)
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 04:35 PM   #6555 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I heard that the Queen suddenly passed away from a coworker when I was at work. I was royally stunned by the news. Literally the first the thing I said to her was "oh well, there goes the end of the world." I was imagining England falling into peices without her guidance, and then a domino effect of a crippled England rippling throughout the world. But then I thought about the ravens at the Tower of London and maybe they can keep things from going that drastically wrong.

I can image right now that the English are people plunging into a deep depression mourning her passing. My deepest sympathy goes out to them. There is like a whole four or five generations that only knew Queen Elizabeth reigning over the country keeping things together like signing papers, making royal appearances, and fulfilling other important royal responsibilities, jumping out of helicopters etc etc.

I think that the English people can be proud of themselves for the fact that England came in second place for the longest reigning monarch. I mean it's not first place but then things didn't go horribly wrong like in France or Russia.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote