Music Banter - View Single Post - 90s Nerd Drama Shows
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Default 90s Nerd Drama Shows

As I'm maybe getting back into the Highlander TV series I'm thinking about that whole sub-genre of hour-long, nerdy drama shows that were especially prevalent in the 90s and into the 00s. Shows like Buffy and Angel, all the Star Trek series starting with TNG, Babylon 5, Hercules and Xena, Stargate, Dark Angel, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, all those random shows that existed for a season or two on Saturday afternoons but never really took off like Cleopatra 2525 or Andromeda or whatever, and even the Battlestar Galactica reboot that was like the prestige TV version of those nerd shows, and I just though it would be cool to have a thread to talk about that kind of show in the context of their shared aesthetics and target audiences. Cause for a long time those shows were a significant portion of my media consumption and still to this day live rent free in my head.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote