Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 10:58 PM   #423 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Alright Mark Zuckerberg went to Harvard, which I do not associate with a general middle class upbringing. There's money there. And not being the richest of the rich but still having seed money lying around that your average person just doesn't have is well in line with plenty colonial second, third, and fourth sons from second tier families who aren't the elites but still have money to finance colonial ventures in Africa or whatever that elevate them into the elite.

I'm too lazy to look up his background but the capital investment required just to start up Facebook is presumably relatively small when you're just talking about some form of website creation. The amount of wildly profitable Fortune 500 businesses whose startup cost is to a large extent allocated to just server space or whatever early Facebook's costs were is probably pretty small.

I'm also not assuming that whatever startup capital he managed to obtain was limited specifically to his parents as Bezos got startup capital from the community his parents were a part of. They weren't even Richy Rich rich but there was still large amounts of loose money lying around in his community that the average person would have no access to.

If you're literally just saying that having money is nice but not necessary for building massive amounts of wealth and we can all just do this with the right idea and enough elbow grease then you're delusional and full of cope.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote