Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 07:10 AM   #4881 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeSpiritDude View Post
Howdy!Any feedback (even negative, believe it or not) is appreciated. This is the first song I've released on the internet, so I'm sure there's stuff I'm doing wrong, but hopefully there's also stuff I'm doing right as well.
Sorry if I'm a little brutal in my honesty.

Listening from some ****ty logitech speakers at work, so won't comment too much on mix specifics, but the vocal part is the weakest as it is. I think the kind of megaphone EQing is also an attempt to mask problems related to vocals. I do think that for your own vocals to work, you may have to consider playing in a different key. As it is, it sounds like you've figured out how to play it on instruments and then adapt your voice to suit that, but it probably needs to be the other way around. You should figure out how to sing it well and then play the instruments accordingly.

For me, this is relatable because while I am able to sing, I never got completely comfortable with my own singing voice. I sound like ****. Hence, I also look for ways to distort, mask or somehow make my voice more tolerable, but my go-to solution now is just to get someone else to do vocals. I have friends who sing and I've also hired singers from fiverr.com. I would at least suggest you consider doing that.