Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #171 (permalink)
Key

Default Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout - Video Game Month 2022 - Oct 2nd 2022

Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout
Developed by: Mediatonic
Published by: Epic Games, Devolver Digital

Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout is fantastic, simply put. If you're looking for something to spend your day playing without even the teeniest tiniest bit of stress coming your way, play a few rounds of Fall Guys. I **** you not, it's definitely been quite a long time where a game brought this amount of joy, even consistently I may add.

Basically, you play as a ragdoll type character, with unlockable collectibles, and you play minigames. With a lot of other people. Basically like Mario Party without the added benefit of getting pissed off at everyone else. Did I say benefit? Anyway, it's a lot of fun. Not only for the fact that the minigames are really well designed and they all come with a different style that typically will keep you on your feet. If anything, regardless of if you win or lose, it's still fun. But what does Fall Guys do differently to make it sort of standout from other games like it? Well, for me...it's the fact that not only are you going to suck at the game. But everyone else is going to suck at it too. Whether it's attempting to jump from a ledge only to be tossed around by a propeller that sends you halfway backwards or forwards through the stage. Or, you fell off the stage and can't seem to keep yourself from doing it. Whatever it is, thanks to the ragdoll mechanics of your character, you will almost always look hilarious in whatever situation you find yourself in. And...maybe you'll win a round or two. Obviously winning does feel nice, but in Fall Guys it definitely is not its main source of entertainment. I'd go as far to say that playing it with other people just makes for some hilarious antics that would otherwise never happen if you were playing this alone. Get some friends together and start a party and do it Mario Party style and try to sabotage each other. Really easy to do as the maps are meant to screw you up at every turn.

The main thing though is fun. It's just fun. It's not terribly difficult. Maybe you'll find yourself in some confusing and irritating situations with your character and how it's not working right, or maybe the game is glitching from time to time. I've had some of those things happen maybe once or twice, and it honestly did not keep me from continuing on with whatever round I was on, because I was simply having a blast doing whatever I was doing. And sometimes, the glitchiness makes it even more hilarious.

Not much more to say really. If you're looking for just an easy going fun time that'll make you laugh here and there, pick up Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout. I'm sure even if you've never seen the game or even heard of it, your first few matches will be some of the most fun you've had in a while. I only know this because that's how I was when I first started playing the game. Granted, I had heard a little bit about it, but I wasn't exactly sold on multiplayer games. But, with the way Fall Guys handles it, it feels less competitive and more meant to be just a fun day at the theme park with friends.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote