Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 03:15 PM   #180 (permalink)
Key

Default The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Video Game Month 2022 - Oct 12th 2022

I'm excited for...
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Well, the sequel to Breath of the Wild now has a name, and it's called Tears of the Kingdom. Don't know how I feel about the name yet but I'm sure it'll grow on me. Furthermore, I am very excited to jump into the sequel of one of my favorite games of all time. I remember a while back I did a full on detailed review of why Breath of the Wild is so good, and I say 'is' because it's still good, if not still great. Of course, with games like this, once you've played it you kind of know what to expect. But, if you haven't yet. What are you doing?!

Breath of the Wild, to me, and to a lot of others, is definitely the best direction the Zelda series has gone in quite some time, hell I would say it's even better than the original, even with the addition of people already comparing it to the original. But that could simply be due to the fact of time and how it effects enjoyment of earlier games, etc etc. I still love the original so don't get me wrong there. I'd even wager that if I played the original today, I'd still love the **** out of it. When I heard that we were getting a sequel, I got very excited. And in typical Nintendo fashion, we didn't and still have yet to get a lot of details about the game other than the fact that it's based in the map from the previous game. Some would say that's lazy, but I certainly don't have a problem adventuring around the map again to see what kinds of things they add or change. On top of that, although I feel like they did as much as they possible could when it comes to what the map had to offer, I still think there are parts of the game that hadn't been fully realized so it will be neat to see what things are new, what things are different, and overall, just have a damn good time. And although I said we don't know a lot about the game, the obvious thing we do know as that there will be ways to adventure in the skies, much like Skyward Sword, though the general consensus is that Skyward Sword just isn't a great game. Not to it's own fault, however I don't think the ideas for Skyward Sword were fully realized which is nice to see aspects of it come into the sequel for Breath of the Wild.

What will the sequel be about? Who knows? What types of things will we be able to do? Again, who knows? All I know is that I am ready to once again dive into this version of Hyrule and see what Nintendo have in store for the sequel of one of my favorite games of all time. I really hope they don't disappoint, and I don't think they will.

Last edited by Key; 10-21-2022 at 07:11 AM.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote