Music Banter - View Single Post - 1980 WWF Madison Square Garden Intro Music
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 04:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
Saulaac
Music Addict

Default Pierre Arvay - Skyway (1976)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX Ripley View Post
I believe I heard the Soul Train song before. I like the Full Action song, that era of mid/late 70's had some very nice bombastic songs.
As for the NFL Films, yeah there's a lot of great production music used in that. A song I was looking for(I have it on a disc somewhere) was a song entitled "Bonzana", I believe it was done by Syd Dale.
It was the closing of the 1969 Redskins yearbook, with Vince Lombardi walking in slow-mo off the field.
Bombastic. I’m learning some great new music vocab, cheers QX! (I tried to find the original credits for the Redskins tune but couldn’t find Bonzana or Bonanza. Will look again.)

Another De Wolfe composer was Pierre Arvay. Just heard Skyway today. Really nice track. (Edit: a sort of meandering melancholy with groove, and some scrunchy brass chords). It's on DWCR 001 and also on his Cradle of Time album 1976. Wasn't sure if I was getting beamed up by a ufo, or had just walked into a dimly lit Paris bar at 2am.

He also has a more classical version called Sky Way 1 on his webpage Pierre Arvay . Musiques. Described as intense nostalgic piano.

Last edited by Saulaac; 10-14-2022 at 04:01 AM. Reason: added why I liked the track
Saulaac is offline   Reply With Quote