Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2022, 03:52 PM   #11536 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

1. What’s the best/most fun/fondly remembered movie you’ve seen on a flight

The only flight I took was to Florida when I was 4 years old. I'm sure the in-flight movie was Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore.

2. Favorite social media platform and what’s your relationship to it (eg FB to keep in touch with the fam, LinkedIn to stalk your high school sweetheart from a fake account cause she blocked your real one etc)

I consider my WordPress site a social media website, as I have readers around the globe including many noteworthy artists and composers who kindly send me demos of their works in progress and who contribute to my research.

3. What have you learned from the most memorable teacher you ever had?

I attended "special schooling" instead of public school. There I had a professor who, for Christmas in 1997, gifted me a hardcover copy of Richard Bach's book, Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah with an embossed feather on the cover and an inscription which read:

“It’s so easy to get lost in the illusions. You are the biggest illusion of them all. If you remember this you won’t go far wrong.”

Thank you, Mr. G.

4. What’s the longest romantic relationship you’ve had and what's the secret to its longevity?

The secret to my most successful relationships has consistently been maintaining open and honest communication at all times. I often ask, "How do you feel? What do you need? How can I listen better and make you feel heard and understood?" Reading psychology books together and long-form letter writing have been marvelous ways to enhance our communication.

5. Favorite Rolling Stones single (what it says, no album tracks)

I've never listened to major rock acts like Dylan, Zeppelin, or the Stones, but I recall "Sympathy for the Devil" being played throughout the 1998 film, Fallen and it was used to great effect.

6. If you could take a month off life to read a really long book you've always been meaning to read, which one would it be?

I've remarked on several occasions about my love of James Joyce. My home is filled with rare Joycean treasures and analytical annotated examinations of his work. I hope to one day finish reading Finnegans Wake and to comprehend even one percent of the genius he wove into every syllable of the work. Joyce famously said, "The demand that I make of my reader is that he should devote his whole life to reading my works.”

Pictured is a signed statue of Joyce I had flown in from Dublin. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote