Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 10:38 PM   #7559 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I've respected Varg's idiosyncratic vision and really liked plenty Burzum before but I think I'm finally ready to stan. Cause as much as I like some Mayhem under Euronymous (especially Deathcrush) they were never more than noise racketeers and Darkthrone's creativity just seems like their own take on early Burzum before never really doing anything all that creative with it afterwards. And whatever other bands at the time added to the sound seemed to be just tinkering rather than actual evolution. But Burzum was constantly evolving in a way that made everyone else at the time to be clearly followers.

I'm not even super into earliest Burzum but the trilogy of Det Som Engang Var, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, and Filosofem is one of the most untouchable and original creative runs in all of metal.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote