Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Treehouse of Horror
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 12:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Damn it. Missed Sunday out. Oh well, here are two for today.

Treehouse of Horror episode: 4
Year: 1994
Season: 5
Segment: 3 of 3
Segment title: “Nightmare Cafeteria”
Writer(s): David X. Cohen
Characters:
Main: Bart
Supporting: Skinner, Lunchlady Doris, Martin Prince, Jimbo, Milhouse, Willy, Mrs. Krabappel, Mrs. Hoover, Mr. I can’t remember, the music teacher, Uder, Sherri, Terri, Lisa, Marge, Wendle
Homage to? Soylent Green
Basic premise: Skinner and the faculty begin eating the students
Best quotes:
Skinner: “Oh don’t worry about Uder! I have a gut feeling he’s around here somewhere. After all, isn’t there a little Uder in all of us? In fact, you might say we ate Uder, and he’s in our stomachs right now! Wait a minute: scratch that.”

Willy” I’m comin’ to save ye all!! “ (Get hit with an axe) “Aw, I’m really bad at this!”

Skinner: “I’m going to enjoy devouring you, Simpson. I believe I’ll start as you so often suggested, by eating your shorts!”

Type of ending: Stupid and annoying
Synopsis: With food for the cafeteria in short supply, Principal Skinner comes up with the idea of cooking the students. Bart and Lisa must save the say, by, um, well, see further. Good link with Willy rushing to save them and again being hit in the back by an axe, this time wielded by Skinner. Very annoyingly it turns out to be a dream, and then there’s a stupid dance routine with “fog that turns people inside out” and they dance to that tune “One, thrilling combination, every little step she takes” - you know the one. They change the lyric but it’s very irritating and a terrible way to end a story they clearly had no idea how to conclude.

Rating: B- (mostly for the awful ending)

Score
Story: 7
Laughs: 3
Originality: 5
Ending: 0
Longevity: 0
Total: 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4r9kdcGApk