Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Chart Fifty
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Trollheart's Chart Fifty

No, not me running down through the top fifty! Sure why would I want to do that, and why would you want me to? No, this is, as usual, something far more complicated and involved. I’ll be looking at the top forty/fifty/seventy-five/whatever the hell it is these days, choosing one single at random. I’ll write as much as I can about it (big surprise there, TH! Shut the hell up, you!) and telling you what I personally think of it. Then I’ll be going back fifty years in ten year segments, to check out what was at that place in the chart at this time ten years ago, twenty years ago, and so on, all the way back to the seventies, hence the “fifty” in the title. Neat, huh? What do you mean, no?

I’ll be looking at how the chart has changed - one single at a time - over the course of five decades, and each time I do a new selection I’ll mention how the one(s) I’ve already done are now doing at this point in time: have they slid down the chart, risen, got to number one, fallen out? Well, the point is to make it fun. What? No, for me. Not for you. You can all fuck off. Oh well, I suppose if you want to you can check the songs out with me. Nobody should take offence as my opinion is blah blah yadda yadda rhubarb rhubarb you know how it goes by now.

Oh yeah, I've decided also that I'll check out the number one from each decade as well, so this year, 2012, 2002, 1992, 1982 and 1972.