Music Banter - View Single Post - The Fall
Thread: The Fall
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 01:25 PM   #233 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I do like all the bonus tracks
For sure. They're great. Not peak Fall by any means but good stuff.

I think I've mentioned this here before, but it's the same thing with Bend Sinister for me (although it isn't missing as many tracks). The CD version is the canon version to me.

I can't imagine the album without Living Too Late and I especially can't imagine it ending on Shoulder Pads #2 instead of Auto Tech Pilot.

With Living Too Late and with the album ending on Auto Tech Pilot, it becomes my favorite Fall album (followed closely by PBL). But without those two tracks, I think it's easily out of my top 5. Auto Tech Pilot is at least a top 20 Fall track to me. It's sneaky good.

When I listened to Injury Reserve's latest album last year, I was floored to hear them sample Auto Tech Pilot - at first I had to double check because I thought my Spotify ****ed up and switched from the Injury Reserve album to The Fall. Not totally original for an experimental rap group to sample The Fall, I believe Death Grips sampled Paranoia Man on one of their tracks, but still really cool to hear nonetheless.

SGR is offline   Reply With Quote