Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you like Beethoven's works?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 05:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

I wanted to contribute to the thread and share a handsome Beethoven collectible from my archive. It's worth seeking out and is terrifically inexpensive when it surfaces.

This is the 80-LP Beethoven Bicentennial Collection issued by Deutsche Grammophon in 1972.

the companion book from the set is a beautiful leather bound oversize edition with hundreds of pages of the original sheet music, oil painting portraits, and the life story of Beethoven. I picked it up for $2.75 because NO ONE is buying classical lit.

In 2020 I also secured a digital counterpart sourced from the DG compact disc edition of the collection with scans of the accompanying booklets. The audio is v0 as I was unable to acquire it in FLAC at the time.

A nice keepsake for my library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote