Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 11:13 PM   #242 (permalink)
Key

Default Yoshi's Story - November 64 - Nov 16th 2022

Yoshi's Story

I enjoyed this game a lot as a kid and I still enjoy it now despite having not played in for quite some time now. However that doesn't change the fact that I do adore this game quite a bit. Sure it's a little easy and yeah it's got a simple premise but it's also unique in the sense that it takes those qualities and puts it into a little storybook for you to unfold. Literally, the worlds you will go through are pages in a storybook. Games name makes sense now huh?

Anyway, yes, you will go through several different kinds of levels that require you to either fight off some baddies, or land some tricky platforming. The nice thing about the platforming aspect is that you're controlling Yoshi. And if you've played as this character before, you'll know what I mean. Yoshi controls really well in this game and especially given that it's a 2D platformer, it's almost guaranteed a make or break if the character you're controller doesn't do its job well. I never really had any issues with it anyway, but to each their own. While you may run into some challenges throughout, I don't think the game is meant to be or is necessarily that difficult. Which to me is a plus. For a game like this, it's nice that it has a bit more of a relaxed approach when it comes to difficulty and uses that creativity to create cool looking levels and each some really neat transitions as the pop up storybook turns its pages. Everything just has it's own unique charm and really works well together imo.

I like Yoshi as a character a lot but I think he's had his hit and misses when it comes to video games. This one to me despite it not being received well overall is one of my favorites. Nothing wrong with just having a good time going through a relatively easy yet fun experience for old times saks.

Last edited by Key; 11-18-2022 at 12:23 PM.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote