Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 08:30 PM   #252 (permalink)
Key

Default And Even More Musical Tracks From Nintendo 64 Games - November 64 - Nov 23rd 2022

And Even More Musical Tracks From Nintendo 64 Games

There are so many to love that it's hard to put them all in one word jumble so I'm making another post about music that I love from soundtracks in the Nintendo 64 era. Boy, are there a lot.

I mentioned some of the big ones in another post like Dam from Goldeneye 007, and Gerudo Valley from Zelda. Now let's talk about some others that also deserve the spotlight:

Majora's Mask was just a creepy game through and through and it still managed to have some great tracks in it. One of which being the Song of Double Time. Sort of amplifies the creepiness factor for me a little bit because even with it just being a double version of Song of Time, it just sounds creepier.

Spoiler for video:

Of course let's not forget the overworld theme from Majora's Mask, and despite Ocarina of Time having a great overworld theme as well, Majora's Mask's version just feels more complete:

Spoiler for video:

I also enjoyed Termina Field quite a bit more though both Termina and Hyrule Field are fantastic in their own rights so it's hard to put them head to head.

Surprise surprise, Super Mario 64 also had great music. I even talked about it specifically earlier this month so I just want to reiterate that point with this:

Spoiler for video:

It just gives an unbelievable vibe.

Also, who can possibly have a post about video game music and not mention the wonderful theme for Yoshi's Story. This game is just full of little cute things like this but this song is just the exact thing it needs to really set the theme.

Spoiler for video:

Kirby 64 also has some of my favorite video game tracks of all time including of course:

Spoiler for video:

It don't get much better than that, i'd say.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote