Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 04:57 PM   #77956 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I'm well aware of the groomer **** but I feel like that's just a reaction to it becoming normalized in society. The same kind of thing was much more openly espoused about gays in the past. So it seems a bit off to me to read that as the preliminary signs of a genocide. These culture war backlashes are really common and imo a lot of it is manufactured for content.

I don't doubt crazy people will latch on to it and commit random acts of violence sporadically. That is where we are as a country and have been for some time.
Yes moral panics are common, but they also sometimes lead to genocide. You probably don't get genocides without moral panics. If the US continues to putter along the way it's being going for decades then this moral panic eventually dies down and goes back to low heat simmering resentments, but I'm not really seeing a never-ending status quo for the future.

Climate change, degrading economic returns, and social media conspiracy culture are getting worse and eventually there may be a breaking point and then all of this grooming **** as a release valve for so many people's anxieties about the state of the world could be the next Jewish "stabbed in the back" hysteria.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote