Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 02:55 PM   #77973 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Back in July I'd excerpted a sample chapter from my book for the purpose of submitting to potential publishers. But the file was 901MB - nearly a GB in size. I'd have to host it on my Google Drive and my potential publisher's submission guidelines stated that I'd have to wait three months for a response.

Wednesday I had the idea to research compression tools to reduce the size of the sample chapter document. In a matter of minutes I worked out how to compress the file without any loss of visible image quality to ONE NINE-HUNDREDTH the size of my original sample!

The new file was tiny and portable so I'd have no difficulty attaching it to an email with my proposal. I'm excited to say that I've just submitted my first proposal!

It's a national publisher created by the gent who founded the largest secular humanism organization in the country, headquartered right in my city and of which I am an active member. Their socially-progressive mission aligns with the central themes of my writing so I'm hopeful that they'll consider printing my work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote