Music Banter - View Single Post - Ye depreciation thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 01:16 PM   #95 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Even battys favorite podcasters from Knowledge fightwere talking about the life of Pablo like fan boys. To me he's always been over hyped in rap.
I don't know, maybe overhyped as a rapper. But as a producer he's always been great, if not a little derivative of RZA's style in the late '90s, but his style really grew into his own thing as he went on - but he's always had an incredible ear for music and samples. He crafted some of the best beats around in his prime.

Kanye as a personality has almost always courted controversy though. He's long come off as selfish, narcissistic, ego-driven, etc. Fans of rap generally wouldn't care much though because he'd be dropping banger after banger. What we're seeing today is that personality amped up to 10 and run through a weird alt-right fever dream. And after the tepid release of Donda and the complete disaster that was Donda 2, he hasn't released a great record since at least 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I have done, but honestly a lot of his drama videos are like 3 hrs long bruh... he really milks that **** too much for me to listen to him that much... but I remember the video he made about that broad who was faking tourettes. And I saw the video of him getting bullied by Haz at twitchcon
Yeah i get that. I definitely don't watch everything he does, but when there is a good drama, I always hit up his channel. I just wish he'd stop being a lazy ass and put timestamps in his ****ing videos. And stop arguing with his chat like Hasan.

Last edited by SGR; 12-06-2022 at 01:23 PM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote