Music Banter - View Single Post - Ye depreciation thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 01:42 PM   #96 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Even battys favorite podcasters from Knowledge fightwere talking about the life of Pablo like fan boys. To me he's always been over hyped in rap.

But yeah I think people want to have it both ways on pathologizing him on the one hand and yet on the other it's like he's still evil for being antisemitic even if we talk about him otherwise like he's not capable of being rational. There can be no normal empathy because the culture war always takes first priority.

But whatever else you want to say about Ye, he's actually genuine in everything he's saying to the point where he's willing to burn is billion dollar career to the ground. I have to admire that.
Well yeah he's got charisma on the mic and puts out good music, but I mean more on an interpersonal level like if you were just talking to him about literally anything he sounds like he'd be miserable to deal with. As an example I mean it can be annoying when somebody talks over you but there's okay ways to cut in when somebody's talking, but the way he just will not let himself be interrupted at all just makes it seem like he does not value anyone's input. I'm not even talking about his state of mind or the content of what he's saying.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote