Music Banter - View Single Post - Christmas Music...is it a thing?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 07:38 AM   #62 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Have you ever noticed how, across large parts of the globe, Christmas gets bumped once a year?

That's my excuse for bumping this thread, even though it starts off with deleted posts from Zhanteimi and various expired YouTube links. Well, they're just the ghosts of Christmas Past, and anyway, if you do feel inclined to add a rec here, no-one has to worry about checking back to see if your song has already been mentioned. After all, repeating stuff, from traditional songs to last year's tinsel, is an essential element of Christmas; the celebrations are shot through with feelings of dejavu and nostalgia - warm and reassuring for some, cloying for others.

Someone on MB usually opens an annual Christmas thread in the Lounge, where we can brag about our presents, I mean wish each other well over the Christmas season, but this thread is just about the music, and here, to get us in the mood, is a song by Ian Felice, from seven years ago:-