Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestion: A reduced number of forums
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 07:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Default Suggestion: A reduced number of forums

Hey musicbanterers.

So the forums seem a little bloated nowadays considering the amount of activity, or lack thereof. I would suggest the amount of forums should be trimmed down.

Today, MB looks like this:

This excludes the section with archived threads.

Some facts:
  • Total number of regularly user accessible forums: 34
  • The biggest forum, by far, is The Lounge (I assume thread count includes the subforums). General music, Rock & Metal and Media are also popular.
  • Most forums have a tiny amount of activity compared to these big ones

Might it be time to trim down the amount of forums and rather have a few forums with actual activity in them? I think it would make for an easier experience navigating this site and also make it seem less dead.

This may seem a little minimalist, but I propose the following:

Musicbanter forums
  • Music section
    • Artists corner - For discussions on music production, equipment, songwriting, etc.
    • General music - For general discussions related to musical arts and artists
    • Releases forum - For threads relating to specific releases like album reviews, etc.
  • Off-topic section
    • Media corner - Discussions on non-music media like books, movies & video games
    • Philosophy - For discussions on religion, morals, science, the nature of reality, etc.
    • The Lounge - For general discussions that would be off-topic in the above forums
  • Community section
    • Introductions - New members can introduce themselves here
    • Member journals - Members can create their journals here
  • Admins section
    • Announcements & feedback - Mods and admins announcements and members feedback
    • Archive - Threads that have been locked down

(this is an updated suggestion. The old suggestion is here)

Ignoring archive, these would be forums with a fair amount of activity and should cover our bases (I think).

These forums can be made by merging together the forums we already have.

So what do you think?

Last edited by Guybrush; 12-13-2022 at 06:18 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote