Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestion: A reduced number of forums
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

There are definitely subforums that are hardly ever used, however practically speaking is any of this possible? It seems to be difficult, not to say impossible, to get sub-forums added, so is it as hard to delete or move them? I had asked, once, recently, for a sub-forum in the journals section for my journals, so that I didn't overpower everyone else (if you only knew the power of the Dark Side!) and swamp the section, but nothing happened. So I wonder if this idea could fly at all?

I suppose it depends on who uses or intends to use the, shall we say, currently empty forums? I doubt you're going to drive any more users to the ones that are busy (in comparison) so really all you're doing, so far as I can see, is shuffling the blocks around, rearranging the furniture for the same amount of people. I guess it would make it look tidier, true. However my feeling is that there will be a general lack of interest in doing this and your thread will remain with some views but no replies, or very few. I guess we'll see.

For my part, I'd have to say it's not a priority. If there are unused rooms, lock them up, but someone might come and want to use them. If you knock them down nobody will. So in answer to your question I don't know.