Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestion: A reduced number of forums
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 09:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Did you ever get those deets on what exactly the vbulletin update would entail? The site's mobile functionality seems fine.
Advameg runs vbulletin forums for a living, so it should be well within their power. The explanation last time was vbulletin costs money and MB isn't profitable enough to make it worth the investment.

I still think it should be asked about - and repeatedly. The last time significant updates were made was in 2009, I believe, and it wasn't a full version upgrade.

To say the mobile functionality is fine seems backwards to me. The site basically predates the smart phone and obviously hasn't been optimized for that technology. If anything, it's smartphones' old ass webpage functionality which is fine. That still doesn't make phone-posting on MB as easy as it should be.

Quote:
We don't have tagging but we implemented notifications for when your posts are quoted, which is close. You have to enable it though.
Hey, cool! Didn't know that. That's great.

Quote:
Never noticed the whitespace, we can look into that.
I cleaned them up and presented them to Yac a long time ago. He was able to change the forums around, but couldn't or wouldn't just overwrite these old gifs with my new ones.

But again, there's a new Yac now so I definitely think it's worth asking again. I also don't think NOs should be accepted indefinitely, but I'd rather die on the vbulletin upgrade hill.

Quote:
The censorship is an advameg requirement for our SEO, can't undo that one unfortunately.
I know, but they need to update it a bit. The word G A Y should definitely be taken out, probably a few more too. Maybe some should be added.

Edit:

Hey, the word gay is allowed now, so that's years of annoyance to Gloria Gaynor and Marvin Gaye fans eliminated. Thanks to whoever made that happen <3

Quote:
Don't let me keep you from congratulating your hypothetical initiative as a mod though.
I don't even understand what this means. Am I congratulating my hypothetical initiative as a mod?

Last edited by Guybrush; 12-09-2022 at 09:49 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote