Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 01:02 PM   #11593 (permalink)
Mucha na Dziko
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal

1. Which team do you want to win the World Cup?

I honestly don't care

2. What book are you reading right now? Or if you’re not reading anything, what tv show are you watching?

Just last week my mom went to Poland to clean up the apartment before the sale, and she sent me some packages with my books, clothes, etc. And now I'm re-reading one of the ones I got back – "Philosophical Investigations" by Ludwig Wittgenstein. I don't know why really, but weirdly enough it brings me peace of mind.

3. Have you ticked off anything on your bucket list? If so, what?

I'm finally having guitar and trumpet private lessons.

Actually I'll have my first trumpet lesson this Tuesday.

Only yoga and archery are still pending.

4. Do you have any weird personality traits or quirks?

It depends on what people consider to be weird, but I suppose I have to have some considering most people I get to know in real life either dislike me or are scared of me. Mostly because apparently I make people feel intellectually inferior.

Like this time when I was freshly in a couple with girl, and her best friend refused to meet with her when I was around, because apparently he saw me once at some party and I made an impression on him of some hyper-intellectual and he didn't want to look like an idiot when he would have to talk to me.

Or in high school there was a girl who hated my guts and I thought it's just spite as she wanted to be friends with my best friend. Only years later I was told it's because I made her feel stupid "just by existing". Which is weird, considering we never even really talked to each other.

Or there was this other girl whom I've never seen in my life before, and she was talking to two friends of mine and when I walked up, she froze and basically told me I'm a piece of **** and she doesn't want to have anything to do with me. And I was like "what? it's the first time we see each other".
Her demeanor changed over time though, because our social circles overlapped, so we had to spend time together from time to time.
She actually apologized for her behaviour later on and said that she only heard of me through some mutual acquaintances who told her I was the most snobbish and stuck-up person they know, and though I might be, she actually enjoys it and it's good she buried her hatchet.

In general I get annoyed by even slight misinformation, faulty reasoning, logical errors and I often tell people what I think pretty bluntly, like if someone makes factual errors or says something stupid/incorrect or analyze a situation or concept poorly I jump in right away and correct them on everything that as wrong with what they said in the past 30min.

[It sometimes leads to me acting completely out of character (introverted, quiet, diplomatic) like when I was in a bar with some friends and people sitting in the table next to us were discussing the war in Ukraine and political gains/loses that will follow, and I just couldn't listen to that **** no more, so I got up, made a speech correcting them, which eventually led to me, those guys and the two bartenders screaming at each other. I actually got kind of scared as they looked like some hooligans, so thank god they didn't want to get physical.]

Which I suppose might be off-putting for many people.

Wouldn't they want to be correct?

5. What’s your favourite way to listen to music and why? Eg. Commuting

Alone, in winter, high as a kite, and sitting wrapped up in blankets on my balcony

Sadly I don't have a balcony in my new apartment.

6. Would you go to the moon given the chance? Why or why not?

If there was an easier and less dangerous way of traveling there than how it is nowadays, and if I could come back when I've had enough, then sure, why not. It would be an experience like no other.

But if I was to become an astronaut, fly a rocket that could just as well blow up before reaching the stratosphere, and then if I made it to the moon I'd have to stay there and colonize, then no thanks.

Anyway, I don't see the point of going there apart from the nice views.
Mucha na Dziko is offline   Reply With Quote