Music Banter - View Single Post - Comus says: Be a Gentle Giant for Seven Days!
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 07:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
Comus
I'm sorry, is this Can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
Really old thread here and it might take ages before Comus reads this, but having progressed beyond the seven essentials, I have to say I feel the idea that they have but 7 great albums is wrong.

I've yet to really get into Giant for a day and Civilian (their two last albums), but I like Interview (came after Free Hand) a lot and feel that one should at least be included in the GG greats. I'm sure Comus would like it had he included it for this thread. Playing the Fool also has some great music on it although you arguably do have some filler there.
I have to disagree here, Interview is good, but not great and doesn't deserve a spot here alongside the rest of their true greats. I recently put on Interview and I feel even more correct in my assessment. There's something about it that just falls flat for me and it misses the beats that makes their earlier work so great. Maybe ten listens in a concentrated time might make me change my mind, but for now I feel like I've heard Interview enough to have my opinion.
Originally Posted by antonio
classical music isn't exactly religious, you know?
um
last.fm
Comus is offline   Reply With Quote