Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 01:53 PM   #24714 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

I work in a residential home setting that requires staffing 24/7, so I expect to work some holidays and late night shifts etc. and have no issue doing so - in fact I volunteered to work every holiday this year - I’m not big on holidays in the first place and I like having the leverage of being all above-and-beyond when I decide to take time off in the future.

My irritation is moreso around the fact that I was originally scheduled to work Christmas Day, a 12 hour shift with a significant pay differential, but they took me off the schedule mid-week and I was told they “found other coverage” and they “were glad to be able to” give me the day off.

Under previous employment, if a holiday falls on a day you’re typically scheduled to work but the demands of the job don’t require full staffing, you get paid for a full shift at your regular rate to make up for not having those regular hours scheduled. That is how I have understood holiday pay to work.

By not scheduling my regular hours for 12/26 then, they’ve disqualified me from being able to collect holiday pay for 12/25, and I am now unexpectedly out 21/40 hours for the week. I accept that it’s my responsibility to know the policies of the agency but damn, it just would have been appreciated to at least be given a heads up. I’m only four months in to working with this agency and I gotta say this feels pretty slimy. Unfortunately I signed a one year contract. Even more unfortunate, it’s not as though I am going to find another position with a better agency - this is just the state of this field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS

Last edited by WWWP; 12-29-2022 at 02:00 PM.
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote