Music Banter - View Single Post - Comus' 1001 Albums you should listen to before you die
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 03:17 AM   #206 (permalink)
Comus
I'm sorry, is this Can?

Album 928

Michael Hurley, The Unholy Modal Rounders, Jeffrey Frederick & The Clamtones - Have Moicy!
Year: 1976

This album celebrates it's 47th Anniversary tomorrow, wish it well! OK, me and Robert Christgau rarely see eye to eye, but this album actually hit the Dean's List. I mean it certainly didn't lead to long term popularity, and that just goes to show how useless music critics actually are. Now to why you should listen to this album, I mean don't you also love robbing banks and drinking whiskey? Jeffrey Frederick really knocks the album up a notch with his efforts and the switching between artists every song just makes the whole album feel really cozy and special. The album is catchy, funny, irreverent and everything that artists like Beck spend their whole career chasing, only sometimes successfully. If you have a 41 minutes to spare when you're nursing your hangover tomorrow, chuck it on and maybe raise a glass of something nice and strong for 47 years.

3 Choice Tracks: Robbin' Banks, Griselda, Sweet Lucy (best effort from each artist)
Originally Posted by antonio
classical music isn't exactly religious, you know?
um
last.fm
Comus is offline   Reply With Quote