Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Key

Default 1995 - Rayman

I'm going to make another exception on this one because due to the fact that I originally played this game for the first time on the Game Boy Advance, I'm talking about it now strictly based on its original release date. Which in this case was September 1st 1995. The game in question is none other than...Rayman.

The Rayman series is an interesting one because despite me being me and getting lots of enjoyment out of the games, I don't really remember hearing much about this character that much in recent times. Rayman Legends came out back in 2013, and we haven't really seen a mainline game in quite some time. Thinking back on it even more, I really don't think there was a time that I was overly frustrated with the game or the series in general. In fact, I still think Rayman is one of my favorite games of all time. It's also one of those games that I feel like I could go back to at any point and just pick it up like I played it yesterday.

Like I mentioned before, I don't think I played this game back when it was originally released because most if not all my memories of it are of that on the Game Boy Advance. If I did play it on its original release, I simply do not remember. All I remember is having a good time playing the game and constantly restarting and playing through again just simply to experience it time and time again.

I mean just looking at screenshots of the game brings me back:

Key is offline   Reply With Quote