Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 10:38 PM   #23834 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You were the one to introduce the genocide framing, not me. And if you can't wrap your head around my view of the right as both bumbling idiots ruining Thanksgiving and potential genocidal murderers then that's a you problem. I think Hitler would have also been an annoying guest at Thanksgiving with poor arguments for his boomer views (and a farter too). Being stupid doesn't stop them from killing you.
I did introduce it in order to ask your thoughts on it because it's a discourse I'm seeing online. I didn't pull out of my ass, and you very well know that. I asked you about it and let you answer for yourself, and to me it seemed you clearly picked a side and it was the one I expected you to pick. That's not a problem but don't offload it to me like I'm putting words in your mouth by saying you seemed to indicate you do think it's an appropriate framing.

And the disparity is not between them being dumb and yet still violent. When I said punching nazis can serve as a rallying cry for violence and retribution you shrugged it off by saying they're losers who work at chili's etc.

The same losers who you are worried about shooting up a drag show. If you can't see the obvious disparity between those two takes which is clearly a result of lazy ad hoc rationalizations and motivated reasoning on your part, that's a you problem.

Last edited by jwb; 01-01-2023 at 10:56 PM.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote