Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor - NEW!
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 06:38 AM   #182 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD View Post

Sorry for taking a little while to come back to this. I think Abbey Road would be too essential for this genre to leave out but I'm open to replacing Ram with something else. I'd personally nominate Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen album, but since the list already consists exclusively of 60s-80s albums it may be an idea to include something more recent, such as something by Fiona Apple or even an early Coldplay album for that matter.

Let me know what your opinions are, and then we'll get this going again within a couple of days
I agree Abbey Road is the more essential album (and a pretty popular album here in general I might add). I just didn't want to feel like I was stabbing Paul McCartney in the back

As far as replacing Ram, I'm not really a big fan of Coldplay so it might be unfair to put them on here. Fiona Apple sounds interesting or maybe something from the Britpop genre. Urban Hymns from the Verve is an album that interests me for example.

In any event, I'll go along with whatever you go with.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote