Music Banter - View Single Post - Noel Gallagher Has a Boring Taste in Music
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 08:28 AM   #64 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I can also see the line. I'm only recently (last 10 years or so) getting a little more into the more extreme metal, and slowly inching my toes over the border to Punkland, but I've never been into punk, so by your reasoning it would be taken as read that because I'm into metal I should be into punk. I'm not, or I wasn't - recently I've come a little bit more to appreciate some of it - so it doesn't also follow the elph would be into metal. However, that said, to dismiss the whole genre as crap is about as stupid a statement as me saying jazz is awful cos I don't like it. Everything should be given a chance and no genre should be lumped all together as one; there are, as we all know, subtleties within the various sub-genres of metal that are breathtaking. Who would compare, for instance, Iron Maiden to Blut Aus Nord, or Slayer to Draconian? Yet they're all part of the one overall genre known as heavy metal. And what about its precursor, hard/heavy rock? Does he not like Purple or Zep either? Bad Company? Blue Cheer? Blue Oyster Cult? And so on.