Music Banter - View Single Post - Controversy
Thread: Controversy
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.DGAF
Now what would you prefer to be the new primary form of execution?
I'd suggest that people should be executed in the manner which most closely mirrors the murder which they committed.

On capital punishment (executions), I don't think there's a definite right or wrong - its very contextual. Whether somebody should be executed for murder or any other crime depends upon the culture within which that murder was committed, the resources available to deal with inmates or to perform executions, the exact nature and reasons for the murder etc. Personally, I think that people who commit murder (except for in certain, unfortunate cases) have pretty much voided their societal right to be seen as normal humans and treated with that same respect and should instead be seen and treated as cold, hard numbers by those who make the decisions. The manner in which most murderers are dealt with should reflect what is best for the rest of society (meaning, the people who didn't murder anyone), not the murderer, although this may well be a jail sentence and rehabilitation (and not execution). What is in the best interests of the rest of society could vary from place to place.

That's what I think.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote