Music Banter - View Single Post - Controversy
Thread: Controversy
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Its mainly aimed at class A or B drugs. In general, the idea is to make a sliding-scale for the level of punishment for drug dealers and drug-possessors, based on the amount which they charge for their drugs and the quality of their drugs, so that:

1. Selling or possessing a PURE drug will carry a lighter punishment than selling or possessing an impure/cut drug.
2. Selling drugs above a certain price (a price which is set way below the usual current asking price) will carry a much heavier jail-sentence than selling drugs below this price.
3. The lightest punishments will be similar to the standard punishments used at the moment, the heaviest ones will be much heavier.

The main idea is to force drug prices down drastically and to make it 'more illegal' for people to sell drugs which are mixed with other things. My motivating the dealers and users to have a lower cost for a more expensive material, you should drastically decrease the amount of profit which can be made by selling drugs and dissuade people from taking this route. Those people who are addicted to drugs will hopefully not need so much money to feed their habit, and so there should be less drug-related robberies etc.

There are other things I could write for and against it, but I need to do my work!

Its a pretty crazy theory and I'm much too left-wing to want it used, but I think it would work to stop the drugs trade.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote