Music Banter - View Single Post - Announcing Something Completely Different
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 10:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
A couple questions. One, would we be able to post Youtube videos without it overloading the server?

Also, will there be sub-forums, not overloaded like MB is, but some simple ones like one for album reviews for example.

I'm also curious how much is this costing you (hope I'm not being nosy here but we need to know what we're walking into).

PS- If I do make the jump, I do have moderating experience from my days at the writing forum.
No worries about nosy-ness I appreciate it.

I think YouTube videos should be okay. We don't know yet what the scale of the community will be, but my basic thought is that if we run into server load problems that are caused on the hosting side of things, we should either move the site or upgrade. Things need to run smoothly.

About sub-forums, sure thing! I kinda suspect we have too many forums already so my thought would be to branch out when / if it becomes a necessity. But I don't wanna be the sole decision maker and subforums for movies, books and album reviews (forums in the media section) is one of the concrete suggestions. If people write reviews, it makes sense to have them imo. A great thing is it's so easy to change on the fly when we control things.

The current price sits at about a yearly 60-70 USD I believe? It doesn't worry me, but of course we could set up a GoFundMe or something. After all, it could get more expensive if we figure we need more server power.

Moderator experience is very welcome