Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rest in Peace Thread (RIP)
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 07:12 PM   #6673 (permalink)
Queen Boo
From beyooond the graaave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
She is fine. I wouldn't kick her out etc. But come on. I can see the teenies lining the streets and jumping off buildings if she dies young, but unless there's a real tragedy, she's likely to be quite old when she does, and I doubt she'll still be making music. I'd imagine she'd be remembered by the generation she dies in as maybe I don't know, Carole King or Karen Carpenter is by this one. Which is to say, not at all.
Dude what? Saying Carole King and Karen Carpenter are not at all remembered by their generation is a hell of a baffling take, maybe not by rock snobs who somehow convinced themselves Ted Nugent and Foghat are the peak of music but Carole King is one of the most celebrated songwriters of her generation dude, and while The Carpenters were once a favorite punching bag of rock critics they remain a beloved act even among younger people, I'm a millennial and I f*cking love the Carpenters, and I know I'm not alone, it just isn't hip to hate 70s soft rock anymore.

If you think Taylor Swift's legacy will be comparable to those two then I'd say she's done really well for herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret

Last edited by Queen Boo; 01-12-2023 at 07:17 PM.
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote