Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rest in Peace Thread (RIP)
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 12:06 PM   #6700 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Leaving aside Taylor Swift and so forth, the point still stands. Can you see anyone who will be remembered as a music legend in 40/50 years time? They're just not in the same league. I mean, hell, I'll be food for worms by then, but I can't imagine the kind of global outpouring of shock and sorrow we had with Prince, Bowie, Jackson if one of the current generation turns up their toes early. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really can't see any of these "new" music/pop stars who has the ability to transcend generations the way those three, and others like them, did. I mean, we're still talking about Jeff Beck here, and surely that's an indication of someone who will still be findly remembered maybe 20, 30 or 40 years from now. Can you name anyone from the last ten/twenty years who will also be remembered as fondly?
I'm, what, 10-15 years younger than you and Jeff Beck is a person I'm aware of but have paid very little attention to. I don't think that's unusual for people in my age group and I assume people younger than me are even less familiar with him. So, yes, I'm confident that there are a bunch of current musicians who will be remembered as fondly as he was.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote