Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 12:36 PM   #18354 (permalink)
Mucha na Dziko
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
And I'm with Boo. If you are really into Beefheart you should at least 'appreciate' Yoko - even if it's not at all your taste.
Hey, sorry, I didn't see that bit before.

I don't seem to remember making fun of Yoko Ono.

I actually like a couple of her songs ("Mrs Lennon", "Mind Holes" and two or three others), and I always liked her vocals when she sang on Lennon's albums.

"Kiss Kiss Kiss" and "Every man has a woman who loves him" are actually in my top 3 tracks from Double Fantasy.

I don't see how her musical output and Beefheart's are comparable in any sense though.

When I was 15 or so I did dislike her very much because of the whole "she broke up the Beatles" thing, but you know, we all believed. stupid **** when we were that age.

I do still dislike her as a person though, mostly because of the whole thing with her denying Julian his father's inheritance and not letting Cynthia go to John's funeral. But it's not like that's of much importance to me when listening to the music she made.

I was never a fan of canceling artists because of what they did in private.
Like with that guy from Noir Desir who killed his mistress when they were high on coke or something and doing BDSM, after which he went to prison (rightly so), and after he served his time he tried to revive the band and no concert halls wanted to have anything to do with him. Or other instances of this kind of thing.

I even like some Charles Manson songs lol
Mucha na Dziko is offline   Reply With Quote