Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 01:04 PM   #24864 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Agreed, with emphasis on the greed part. **** veg. I want my meat. Doesn't mean I don't feel bad when I eat meat (well actually it does; I don't, not usually - blind spot I guess. Maybe I've trained myself or been conditioned not to think about it. I - AM - A - RO-BOT!) but I would certainly advocate for better conditions for animals. I make little gestures. I buy free range eggs for instance. And now you're laughing.

But no matter what, that does not make me value animal life less than human. In a one-to-one, life-or-death struggle, yes, I'll take mine over that of a rapid gerbil or a dangerous spider, or even a psychotic slug. But killing an animal that's doing you no harm for no other reason than that it's there and you want to show what a big man/woman you are for being able to kill a defenceless animal? No.

I wonder, if stags and boars and so forth had built-in weapons, would people want to hunt them as much?
I just don't think you've thought through your assurance on human vs animal life.

If you were forced to condemn either one innocent animal or one innocent human to death, you would have no preference as to which one dies?
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote