Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 08:57 PM   #78282 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
It’s NOT “far far less electricity than running a dishwasher.”

You have obviously inflated your idea about the “big bloody dishwasher” using (OF COURSE!) more energy when it’s not true. Now, you’re bringing the size of a dishwasher into this? Your “small basin” better be pretty damn small - like, so small that you couldn’t actually fit a full sized plate in it because it’s still gonna cost more energy overall. Jesus people. Just look it up. It’s obvious and it’s everywhere!

BTW: There’s a door on the front of your dishwasher. Dirty dishes can be kept inside for, generally, about 4 days. I wasn’t suggesting a week as a regular thing. If you eat and clean so little of the time, and you don’t use that many to fill a dishwasher, then you get a smaller one instead of a “big bloody one.” You never ever have to “leave dirty ones around.”
Oh now come on! You can't just say "look it up" and "of course it is". HOW is it using more electricity? My heating goes on, my water heats up whether I use it or not. I use the hot water in the basin. How is that possibly using more electricity than a standalone appliance that's not only plugged in to another socket, but runs for, what, an hour? Half hour? Takes me ten minutes to wash a reasonable amount of dishes by hand. How can that work out as more inefficient and costly? And don't you know this is how people did this before there were dishwashers? My electricity bill is already high, thanks. I don't intend a) buying a new appliance and b) running it and thereby making my bills higher. Please explain, because I don't get it. You trying to say every time I fill my sink it uses more electricity/water than if I use a dishwasher? How?