Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor - NEW!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 10:52 AM   #227 (permalink)
GD
???pp? ??snW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Know I'm a little late to the experimental suggestions but have you considered squeezing in the Residents somewhere? I listed to Meet the Residents and I have to admit I finally got them a bit. I think Third Reich and Roll may be their best known album.

I have no idea what to take off the list as Experimental really isn't my main forte, but I know you can't get much more experimental than the Residents.
Well, as far as The Residents are concerned, I see that Duck Stab! is already present on the first Wild Card list, but you're right that they might be deserving of a place on this list too. I'm not really sure which album they should replace either, but the Butthole Surfers album is possibly one of the most dispensable in this mix, or we could knock off Mr. Bungle (despite this album being more essential to the genre) given that they were already represented on the Funk Rock list.
I'll leave it up to you and the others if it's truly worth it to make room for a Residents album on here, though